Expand your reach significantly by making your images embeddable
With the use of the internet growing rapidly, this medium has undoubtedly become one of the main channels for creatives to gain exposure, and most of the time, with the help of blogs and social media.
As we work on new ways to help you expand your reach on the World Wide Web, we will like to introduce a new method for bloggers to promote your works properly and ethically.
The method is ‘image embedding’, a code generator that works similarly to Youtube’s embedding feature. When bloggers copy the code and display any of your images on their websites, your name will be added under the image automatically, and the image will be linked back to your portfolio on The Creative Finder.
With the rampant emergence of screen capture technologies and the easing of browser restrictions, it’s becoming easier to grab and use artists’ images off any website, regardless whether permissions were given.
Through this feature, we aim to reduce unauthorized usage of images online, by providing a professional image source that shows users how to embed images correctly with the necessary accreditation, and most importantly, your. As an artist, you can also choose to set watermarks to protect your images.
Even though we recommend this feature so you can enjoy the viral marketing reach of the internet, it is fully optional and you may opt out of it simply by going to ‘Manage my portfolio’, and then ‘Edit Artworks Info’ to set permissions for all the images.
More information about this embedding feature:
- This feature is optional. You can specify which images to allow/disallow embedding by other websites.
- The use of the embeddable images is restricted by size (max. width is 550px).
- If your name is too long, the ‘View Full Portfolio’ button will not show to make room for the name display.
- If enabled, watermarks will appear on embeddable images too.
- This feature will only commence from Apr 26, 2012. If you do not wish to enable it, please set your image permissions before then.
Feel free to email us anytime if you require any assistance.